As it turns out, that has very little to do with this post. The conceit of this post is that I have traveled into the future and retrieved a "What I Did Last Summer" essay, but because my future self is even lazier and less organized than my present self, it is in bullet point form.
- Read Infinite Jest
- Got the baby on a real schedule which included an afternoon nap at the beach
- Finished my book, after surveying the two vast-wastelandish shelves of teen fiction at Barnes and Noble and vowing, once again, that I could do better
- Cooked delicious local fresh food, despite the disappointing provisions from the CSA
- Wrote a review of Walter Kirn's Lost In The Meritocracy
- Blogged weekly
- Gave up on the poetry podcast. Mostly.
**Johnny Falschgedank tells me that if I had gone to see the professor in office hours, or gone to any extra study sessions provided, I would have known that too. Things you learn when you go back to school in adulthood.
***I fear my Zeligesque style is already being affected by David Foster Wallace.
****Johnny, whatever happened to your blog?