Ergo posted 14 goals, some of which she suspects may be unrealistic. So I decided to come up with an arbritary 14 goals of my own.
1. Write a book
2. Publish a book
3. Convince my kids (and myself) that everyone makes mistakes, and they can almost always be fixed
4. Travel to France, Switzerland, Austria, and Denmark.
5. Learn to surf
6. Landscape our yard so it is (in front) not an embarrassment and (in back) a beautiful private retreat
7. Sing (and maybe act) in public again
8. Learn to play the mandolin
9. Use my advanced degree for something other than making people nervous at book clubs
10. Learn to speak Welsh
11. Own a pied-a-terre in Manhattan
12. Become an authority on something
13. Save as many good books as I can from obscurity and destruction
14. Help keep folk music alive